I just felt like... an 'Easy Run'

 


- The one about "Easy Runs" and how important they are -
A ...  Bearded Runner ADventure   - if you will -    lovingly called a "BR.AD"


- This is why I train, it's not for the 'Races' but it's to make the easy days easier - 

If there was one thing that I really didn't like when I was injured, it was being unable to do an "Easy Run".   Those are the ones that are SO Much more important than just putting in the miles.  
Make them ADventures as often as possible.   It's a great motivator and what I like to call it #RunTherapy, find somewhere new, run with a friend... Heck - RUN WITH ME !!
   ----- > Plan it, Do it and have fun!

I was recently on a podcast - The host is a 5k runner and his final question was;
"What are a couple of tips that you could give ... of ways I could get the most out of my body and my mind when I stretch this thing out from a 3 miler to 13 milers"
-
Me "Slow Progression, Enjoy the easy days..."
Listen Here: https://ihr.fm/3wEQx6I


What every these coaches are having me do, it's working!



This picture is showing were I was 12 months ago ...
- 2021 I ran Flash Dash in * 27:39 *
- I was down 27 lbs (at 190 lbs)
- I was 140 days sober (still craving)
- and just about to start W/PRProjectKC




This picture is where I am now, 
- 12 Months with Nick at #PRProject
~6 Months with Kaitlin at #RunEmpowered ...
- 'Ambassador' for Flash Dash 5k
- keeping the weight off (at 169 lbs)
- 505 days sober (no longer craving)
- 2022 I ran Flash Dash in * 21:54 *
- 5 minutes, 45 seconds faster
- Feb 12th I set a PR by 18 seconds = 24:18
- in 14 weeks I set a PR by 2 minute, 26 = 21:59

That was HARD work but it was also the culmination of MANY 'easy runs' to give the mind and body time to recover.   I run hard when coach sets the pace as hard, I lift heavy when the strength coach says to lift heavy... this is not my plan - it's theirs and I am grateful beyond words.  With their guidance I can enjoy my easy runs!   No real pace goal except maybe don't go faster than xx:xx, that gives me the okay to enjoy.      ----- > Plan it, Do it and have fun!

If you follow me on Strava or Facebook I hope you have seen a few of those ADventures! 
Strava (to me) is my Run Diary, it's where I put every run
Facebook gets the bigger runs, updates and my Ambassador stuff
and a BLOG is for when I have too much to say :)


This BLOG is about the ADventures in the past week,
- If you see a Playground... Play
- Memorial Run... pay respects


One of the last runs before the 'Race' I met with Kaitlin and we explored a new area (for us) in the Northland.  There was very little traffic, nice neighborhoods, pond, 2-mile loop trail, playgrounds, a nice little strip mall, a water tower and best of all - we got to talk.   #RunTherapy 

Wed May 18 -  Playground Hopping W/Kaitlin
For me, this was a great way to prep for a race!
Here are a few highlights;
Route - 
https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/105644525



Did the Flash Dash race on Saturday, May 21st but was REALLY looking forward to the 'Easy Run'
on Sunday May 22nd - Recovery the Right way W/Amy & Tom (10-miles)
Here are a few highlights;
Route - 
https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/106414878



With Memorial day coming up, the "Easy Run" has a theme - Memorial Run W/Kaitlin (7-miles)
- Traveling Vietnam Wall is on display at Liberty Memorial in Kansas City through the 30th
More information - http://ow.ly/x5AN50JcpNb


This was a GREAT Route and with the Wall being there through the weekend, you have time to go on this ADventure and get to see it too!     yup, ----- > Plan it, Do it and have fun!



Seriously, if you can do this route, there a LOT of cool things along the way ! 


Finishing the run at the Wall allowed us to take out time at that memorial








Enjoy the Run, they get easier ...
- This is why I train -

That's all for now,

Scott



Mail to:  BeardedRunnerKC@gmail.com

Run Coach - Nick Pigg

Runners Strength Coach - Kaitlin Way 



Try Code BeardedRunner - it may save you some $$ at these races;
- Bodies races, code is BeardedRunner25 for 25% OFF

June 11, 2022 - 5th Year Eldon Rock Island Road Race 5k/10k/15k
July 2, 2022 - Bodies Summer Sizzler
July 9, 2022 - Law Dog 5k/10k
Aug 28, 2022 - Hearts for RMHC 5k/10k (new location) English Landing 
    - This will also be the 3rd year I will be a sponsor for this one (my Logo on back of shirt)
Sept 3, 2022 - Ultrapalooza Labor Day Trail Race
Sept 17, 2022 - Bodies Fall Finish 5k/10k
Oct 7 & 8, 2022 - Frog Hill 5k & Half Marathon  
   - https://www.facebook.com/froghillhalf
Oct 15, 2022 - Garmin Kansas City Marathon  
   - https://www.sportkc.org/marathon
I-35 Challenge (no discount code for this but I am an Ambassador for both)
Oct 16, 2022 - Des Moines Marathon  
Oct 30, 2022 - Bodies Spooky Sprint 5k/10k
   - https://bodiesracecompany.com/missouri
Sept 3, 2022 - Ultrapalooza 100 Mile, 100k, 50 Mile, 50k, Half marathon 
Oct 1, 2022 - Trail Hogger 100 Mile, 50 Mile 25 Mile Gravel Bike race
Nov 11, 2022 - Bodies Turkey Trails 5k/10k
Nov 20, 2022 - Gobbler Grind 5k/10k/Half   
   - 
https://www.facebook.com/events/355255583370319i
Dec 17, 2022 - Bodies Candy Cane Course 5k/10k

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I just felt like... 20 Miles at Mile 0

I just felt like... 2022 in Review

I just felt like... training for LHH