I just felt like... 2022 in Review

- The one where I where I recap 2022 - 

2022 has me (and many others) back to where we started.  It's winter and we just aren't putting in the effort like we have all year, it's a nice break.   The difference for me this year is that I had a slightly longer break than I wanted and it's given me time to reflect and make some changes.   Nothing major, nothing serious, yet things are evolving.  Coming up on 2 years alcohol free this is expected.

I will still be out there running the best that I can, my updates will still be on Strava and I still hope to get the opportunity to be an Ambassador again at the many area races!  That is my passion and to be a part of the running community.   Not as The Bearded Runner.... but as Scott.


2022 Stats
Bodies Race Company - Ambassador (6 years)
Liberty Hospital Half - 5th Year Ambassador
Kansas City Marathon - 5th Year Ambassador
Des Moines Marathon - 2nd Year Ambassador
Eldon Rock Island - 2nd Year Ambassador
Frog Hill Half 5k/10k - 2nd Year Ambassador
Law Dog 5k/10k - 2nd Year Ambassador
Westport Santa Dash -2nd Year Ambassador
Flash Dash - Ambassador
Gobbler Grind Half 5k/10k- Ambassador
Midwest Endurance Company - Ambassador
Hearts for RMHC 5k/10k - 3rd Year Sponsor

Miles Ran = 1528
Races for fun = 3 (out of the 36 I had scheduled)
Races for time = 7 (out of the 10 I had hoped for)
PR's Set
1 mile - 6:47 @ Time Trial, Smithville Lake
5k - 21:54 @ Flash Dash, PR by 2:36
10k - 49:35 stands from 2021 (didn't 'race' a 10k in 2022)
15k  - 1:28:16 @ Eldon Rock Island, PR by 7:26
Half - 1:54:04 @ Frog Hill, PR by 2:33 (on on just a training run)
Full - 4:14:10 @ Kansas City Full - my first 'official' Full Marathon
 - Previous times for 26.2+ miles were 5:27:49 & 5:17:16 
 - one was an Ultra and the other was a Virtual ran with Friends
1 Hour 3 minutes and 6 seconds faster than that Virtual just 10 months earlier

Finished up with my Run Coach after 18 months
Finished up with my Personal Trainer after 10 months
Won't be the same without them but I am going to give this a try;
- Just started Half Marathon coaching through Garmin Connect for Liberty Half.
- My workouts will continue at home from the knowledge I gained from Kaitlin

Accountability to the plan and Motivation from the person are going to be missed not being able to work with Nick and Kaitlin.  Guess the nice thing is I'm not really training for anything.  I have proved to myself what I can do when I take it to the breaking point (literally).   
I am in 'Maintenance Mode' and just want to run for health and do some races for the social aspect.  You will see me (Scott) out there Volunteering, Running, Light hearted racing or pacing.   

This is me 


 


















If you made it this far down,, I should probably thank you.

Thank you for being a part of this crazy ADventure of mine called running.

May 2023 bring you and yours Health and Happiness!



Scott






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I just felt like... 20 Miles at Mile 0

I just felt like... training for LHH